The World Economic Forum says: "In the next 10 years, the Internet of Things revolution will dramatically alter manufacturing, energy, agriculture, transportation and other industrial sectors of the economy which, together, account for nearly two-thirds of the global GDP".
While this statement talks to the enormous impact of IoT technology, we have a long way to go to educate both the producers and consumers of precision solutions across all industries, including agriculture, construction, transportation, healthcare, and power.
PrecisionStory was founded to bring the art and science of storytelling to accelerate the understanding of both companies and the solutions which are playing a role in this global transformation driven by the Internet of Things. We deploy our IoT storytelling skills to create books and classes, all in the spirit of helping individuals become smarter about IoT.
Whether you're in executive management, sales, marketing, support, services, engineering or consulting, you've heard of the Internet of Things. But what is it and why should you care?
In fact, your current job, and your next one, could very well depend on you understanding at least the fundamentals of IoT.
But if you'd like to learn more about IoT, just surfing the Internet will only give you a fragmented picture. And you're probably too busy to sit in a classroom.
Your answer: Take a Precision class. A new way for you to learn.
- TED-talk Sized Modules. If you have 18-minutes you have the time to finish one lecture. Most of the classes can be finished in less than a morning. View the class materials at your own pace. And come back to the content as often as you'd like.
- Video, Text, Images. Some of you learn better by watching, some by reading. It's all there. And 86% of those who have completed classes rate the content as excellent or very good.
- Case Stories. Lectures have plenty of case stories and cover many industries including power, transportation, oil & gas, healthcare, construction, agriculture, buildings & cities and packaging.
- Complete. We cover all aspects of IoT, including connecting the machines, collecting the data and learning from this data. We also discuss business implications and what you can do differently given discovered insights.
- Certificates, Badges. Finish the exams and earn a certificate you can share on your Linkedin profile, as well as with your Facebook and Twitter followers.
- Inexpensive. Start with one class by industry for less than $10 or cover all industries for less than $50.
You may not be sure why your coffee pot should talk to your toaster, but precision technology powering an Internet of Things has the potential to reshape the planet. To help clarify, Timothy Chou has created Precision to introduce us to the basics of the Internet of Things (IoT) for the enterprise. This paperback version includes principles, practices and solutions.
The first part – Precision: Principles and Practices – introduces a vendor-neutral, acronym-free framework. Dr. Chou then discusses the framework’s fundamental principles and these principles put into practice.
The second part – Precision: Solutions – puts Dr. Chou’s IoT framework into practice highlighting 14 real world solutions for manufacturers who are building precision machines and companies utilizing these machines to receive precision enhanced business outcomes. Case studies discussed span a number of industries such as power, water, healthcare, transportation, oil & gas, construction, agriculture, gene sequencers and mining.
Stay tuned as more books are in process!
Utilizing the Precision framework, we can help you create your IoT solution stories:
- Train your storytellers on how to write an IoT solution story utilizing the Precision framework and standardized set of questions.
- Project manage and edit your storytellers' work, enabling you to utilize your storytellers while also leveraging PrecisionStory's experience in writing IoT solution stories.
- Write your IoT solution stories for you.